I decided to register this domain and throw up a WordPress blog for MSH. This was one of the surprises that I had mentioned in this post. We’re running a fresh install of the Ella release, and believe me it rocks. There are many benefits to running WordPress over Blogger, including:
- the medschoolhell.com domain
- the ability to create static pages, such as the writers wanted page
- pingback and trackback capabilities
- the ability to use plugins
- easily allow other writers to write posts for the blog (not really a benefit, as it can be done through Blogger)
- a somewhat unique look versus the same old Blogger templates
I’ll be honest, one of the reasons why I didn’t update the old MSH was that the standard Blogger platform is pretty limited.
I haven’t done so yet, but I plan to set up a redirect from the old blogger to this site. Unfortunately, I’ll lose all page rank that I had at the Blogger domain, but it was only a page rank 3 anyway. It doesn’t take much to get your site to a PR of three.